Our Volunteer program is guided by the following core understandings and objectives:
- Fostering opportunities for impactful and sustainable volunteer practices that are mutually beneficial to volunteers and to our team, students, and teachers
- Striving to educate others on the detriments of voluntourism, encouraging critical thought about the value of volunteering, and promoting dignity.
- Putting our students’ interests first by upholding child safe volunteering practices at all times
- Adaptability. Cambodia carries with it a degree of unpredictability but also tremendous possibility – flexibility and a readiness to “jump right in” are a must!
For a full overview of our program details, please read our Volunteer Orientation Guide.
Our schedule is open and first-come, first-served except for the following dates:
April (Khmer New Year), Mid-October – Mid-November (Opening Day and School Uniforms and Supplies Distributions).
There is no fee associated with our volunteer program. The costs to you are those necessary for basic living needs while in Siem Reap (accommodation, meals, etc), transportation to/from school, and traveler’s insurance. We require all volunteers to have traveler’s insurance that includes medical evacuation while volunteering with PLF.
- a 2 week minimum commitment
- to prepare for your daily classroom activities prior to arriving
- to be at least 18 years old (or accompanied by an adult)
- to agree to our:
Background Check: Required for all volunteers from your respective country of nationality or residency. Pending the acceptance of your application, a member of staff will contact you to advise you on how to fulfill with this requirement.
Not enough time to volunteer? Check out our Help for a Day program!